North News Now
The Student News Site of Edmond North High School

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Stanley Cup Battle

Picture form Country Living Magazine
Picture form Country Living Magazine

The Stanley Cup is the award given to the annual winner of the National Hockey League championship. The Stanley cup “tumbler battle” elicits similar organized violence and is awarded to whatever 40-year-old woman wins the war of the Target Valentine’s Day Stanley release.

Last month, Stanley released a special edition Valentine’s Day water tumbler that was sold in Target. When this news broke out, the Stanley girls went crazy. They lined up outside of the Target store like it was a Backstreet Boys concert in 1998. They waited until the store opened and booked it to the display to ensure they got their coveted cup. 

A TikTok video went viral featuring these women racing through the store. The clip even showcased a woman lying on the ground after being pushed down by other people who were fighting to the stand of tumblers.

It’s a cup.

The Stanley trend has truly taken the world by storm, and another Stanley release may just lead to the next world war. These people fight for their Stanleys as hard as the National Hockey teams fight for their Stanley, so they must be great, right?