North News Now
The Student News Site of Edmond North High School

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

Fall Baking with Ethan and GG!

Everyone loves baked goods, but not everyone is prepared to make them. If you consider yourself a cookie connoisseur, you should consider these fun recipes we found! 

We spent a total of two and a half hours making these and only spent $20 on ingredients. 

If you like a challenge, try to beat our time. Especially during the chilly months of fall, these recipes will keep you extra warm and cozy, so take some time off work and relieve that stress. 

Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake

A little pumpkin spice cake for my pumpkin lovers! This cake tastes just like a classic pumpkin spice latte – but a cake! With pecans for texture that make your taste buds melt, you’ll enjoy the sweet and salty flavor.

This was our favorite: so sweet and crumbly. It doesn’t make a whole lot (only a cake pan worth), but it’s still worth every ounce of effort. The hardest part was the streusel, but it all turned out in the end!

To start your fall baking, this is an amazing recipe to hit. 

Dirty Chai Brown Butter Cupcakes

If pumpkin’s not your thing, these chai spiced cupcakes are a perfect party treat! The nutty flavor from the brown butter and sweet spice combine into a perfectly moist crumbly cupcake topped with a mild creamy icing. With a chai twist, this cupcake is sure to make you happy and hungry for more! 

These were so fun for us to make, and everyone we shared them with was amazed. They’re so beautiful and fall-y, a perfect choice to make this season.

Try this recipe for a smaller, easier dessert that’s just as nummy.

Dark Caramel Flan

Adding some cultural flavor to our list, this recipe gives you more than a warm belly. The jelly- like texture and caramel goodness gives this flan that sweet flavor everyone is craving this fall season. Even though our flan came out a little wonky, it tasted great and was made with ingredients that you can find at your house! Just make sure you use a better mold that doesn’t leak (oops).

This one may have failed heavily, but that’s probably just us. We still enjoyed eating it with a fork, though. It was really caramel-y and smooth.

Try the recipe here to see if you can do it better than us.

To wrap us off, we’d say this was the most fun we’ve had baking in awhile. We highly recommend grabbing a friend, a pumpkin, and a stand mixer and baking your hands off!