North News Now
The Student News Site of Edmond North High School

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

Hot or Not: Horror Movie Villains

Halloween is just around the corner and everyone is excited to spend it getting terrified!

One of the most honored traditions of the season is the scary movie. But these movies don’t have to be horrific. . .

The perfect horror movie, in our opinion, features a hot person doing questionable things for hot reasons. Our favorite spooky movies follow this formula brilliantly.

In this light, our team decided to have a horror movie night and fight over which character was the most attractive!

Billy Loomis, “Scream”

Billy Loomis, “Scream”

The cult classic “Scream” has its fair share of remarkable characters, each with a dedicated fan or two. Most popularly, we see Billy Loomis, played by Skeet Ulrich, who is secretly the killer Ghostface throughout the film. Whether it’s the violent nature or double personality, Ghostface continues to gain attention from viewers even in the modern age.

Ideologically, Billy is less obvious. His sense of humor is bizarre, and his justification for his criminal acts even more so, taking feverish enjoyment in his actions. Some people are into that though, so we’ll remember that.

With careful deliberation, your Pawprint team, after much debate, has decided that Billy Loomis is, indeed, HOT.

Other Mother, “Coraline”

Other Mother, “Coraline”

From our childhood favorite—or least favorite—the Other Mother is a demon pretending to be the mother of the main character, offering her sweets and clothes and everything she could ever want. Sugar mommy-esque!

She does happen to devolve into a monstrous spider creature who destroys your house and sends hands to crawl on you in your sleep – but you know – boundaries should’ve been established sooner. So really, who’s fault was that?

If you like pies and don’t mind button eyes, give Other Mother a try. Not us though – we say NOT!

Patrick Bateman, “American Psycho”

Patrick Bateman, “American Psycho”

Successful businessman, who’s college-educated, with money and long hair: the ultimate dream man. Patrick Bateman, played by legendary Christian Bale, takes a psychotic twist as an axe-wielding artist (we can’t say the ‘m’ word). Crazed and wild, Patrick is outgoing and emotionally fervent; we love a man in touch with his inner emotions.

If we look aside from the business-cards and suspenders, we see a vulnerable and wealthy man just waiting for the right girl (or guy!).

The ENHS Newspaper team says. . . HOT!

Oogie Boogie, “The Nightmare Before Christmas”

Big, beautiful Boogie is a burlap-sack creature seen in “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” power-hungry and success-driven. A man with a dad-bod worried about his future is a man we want to see. He’s also very comical, though not on purpose (so effortlessly attractive!).

Downsides we saw in him were the fact that he is literally a knapsack teeming with bugs and spiders. . .  So clearly he doesn’t groom himself. Also, he has a gambling problem which could be your thing, but it’s not our thing.

Our opinion? NOT!

Pearl, “Pearl”

Pearl, “Pearl”

Pearl from “Pearl” is our favorite little country gal with a southern drawl. She also doubles as a schpsychotic schmurderer, cough cough. Unfortunately, her dad, mom, boyfriend and cousin all mysteriously passed away, making her so tragic and sad to be around. Tragedy made her really personable though, as she befriends even an alligator—so chic! Don’t try to leave her though, because you’ll “fall” on a shovelhead.

Despite all that, she’s objectively really pretty, so the team decided Pearl is 100% HOT!

Well the jury has decided: most villains are actually hot. Whether it’s the looks or the personality, they usually have something going for them. So, let us know your secret horror movie guilty crush in the comments!

If this article found you in a good mood, check out our other staff blog pieces!