North News Now
The Student News Site of Edmond North High School

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

Carving Out a Good Time: Pumpkin Carving Ideas

Photo from Miranda Smothers on Pinterest

A perfect decoration for your front porch during the fall time is a pumpkin, and what’s better than a pumpkin with a little personalization? To personalize them, a really fun way to do so is carving them!

It’s not so easy though to find the perfect idea for your pumpkin – but oh my gourd! – our newspaper staff cranked out some wonderful ideas.

Holly Hill, one of our Staff Writers, carved her pumpkin like any average jack-o-lantern but to give it a unique flare she carved the eyes to be a star and a moon. This carving idea is very simple and easy to execute whilst still being cute and unique!

Ethan Leehan, our Senior Editor, opted to carve the classic nerd emoji into his pumpkin, as you can see so clearly. Ethan says this idea was very fun to make and it turned out to be so gourd-geous. This idea is also very versatile because you can carve any emoji of your choice to make this pumpkin personalized for you.

If you’re clueless about what to carve into your pumpkin you can do what Tegan Singleton, another one of our Staff Writers did and just start carving. Tegan doesn’t know what her pumpkin is, but that’s the fun of it! This pumpkin can be left up to interpretation of what it is. Leave a comment on the article and tell us what you think Tegan’s pumpkin looks like.

If you want your pumpkin to be special to you, you can carve one of your favorite things into it. This is what Gitashri Gopalakrishnan aka GG, our Assistant Editor did to her pumpkin. She loves Hello Kitty and so her decision of what she was going to carve came easy to her. This idea is very versatile because you can carve Hello Kitty like GG did. Or you can just carve something that you love.

Orange you glad it’s fall?

If carving pumpkins sounds like too much work, or maybe you don’t like the feeling of the gooey inside of the pumpkin, you can opt to do this cute craft instead! All you need is a Sharpie and some oranges and draw cute faces onto the oranges. This craft may not last on your porch as good as a pumpkin would, but it looks just adorable on your kitchen counter.

We hope this article helped with your pumpkin carving ideas. If you use any of our ideas, or just carve a pumpkin at all send it to us on Instagram @enhs_newspaper! Go big or gourd home with these pumpkins!