North News Now
The Student News Site of Edmond North High School

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

Edmond North Rocks “Chicago”

“Chicago” show poster.

The Edmond North Theatre Arts department will be performing the musical “Chicago” by Bob Fosse and Fred Ebb next weekend. Their performances are running April 11–14, and shows will be performed at 7 p.m. Thursday–Saturday and 3 p.m. on Sunday.

The cast of “Chicago” rehearsing their vocals.

“Chicago” is the story of Roxie Hart, a 1920’s housewife who dreams of being a vaudeville performer. One night, Roxie murders her lover Fred Casely, and when her husband Amos Hart doesn’t take the fall for her, Roxie is sent to jail. In jail, Roxie meets her soon-to-be rival, Velma Kelly, an ex-vaudeville performer who murdered her husband and sister. Roxie, not wanting to be convicted of the crime, gets her husband to hire the most skilled lawyer in town—Billy Flynn. Throughout the show, Roxie navigates her way through jail, rivalry and newfound notoriety. 

The “Chicago” cast rehearsing the opening number.

The musical consists of 14 songs performed by the cast, orchestra and band, all with intricate choreography. 

The show runs at about 1 hour and 30 minutes, with a 15 minute long intermission.

Tickets are $10 for students and seniors and $15 for adults. There will also be snacks sold at the show from the concession stands.

Director Dillon Rasberry says, “The cast, crew, pit and directive team have been working so hard to make this show happen, and it shows.” 

If you need a little entertainment and jazz in your life, go and support the Husky Fine Arts Department next weekend.