North News Now
The Student News Site of Edmond North High School

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

The Pawprint | ENHS

Bye, Bye BALTO

Photo from @enhsathletics on Instagram

BALTO Week, the most highly anticipated week of the school year, has come to a close.

BALTO had five incredible assemblies, including the classic boy bands assembly, where all four teams gave impressive performances. This year, the juniors took the victory for best performance, which was a shocking choice since, historically, the seniors always win. 

The junior class boy band. (@enhsathletics)

The versus assembly, where underclassmen and upperclassmen duos competed in hilarious and disgusting competitions, was a highlight of the week. From bobbing for pig feet to chugging Happy Meal smoothies, this year’s versus entertained the student body (and grossed them out). 

The Colaw sister’s chugging their Happy Meal smoothies. (@enhsatletics)

The closing assembly was, as always, sweet and sentimental. Hearing about the mission of the 2023-2024 BALTO sponsor, Wings, brought many to tears. The students who worked night and day baking, decorating, and planning were proud to support such a worthy recipient.

Edmond North alum and Wings member, James, performed ‘We are the Champions’, which was the highlight of the assembly and earned him a standing ovation.

One of Student Council’s members who organized this year’s Northstock competition, Shelby Grubbs, reflected on her final year of BALTO.

“Seeing everyone from Wings be so involved in BALTO is inspiring. Knowing that our hard work and dedication will allow more people to be involved in Wings, especially students from North, is a special feeling.” 

The student body raised $212,748, which was over double the amount Wings anticipated, to put toward the organization’s new culinary arts program.

This year’s BALTO was a huge success, and the funds raised will have a lasting impact on an amazing organization.